Removing Paint and Ink from Carpet
Ink stain removal from carpet or upholstery can either be a really easy task or a really hard one. There is no in-between. Te remove this kind of stain, you are going to need these 3 things:
- Methylated Spirits
- White Cotton Cloth (or two)
- Cold Water
To start, you need to be sure that you are not working on a delicate natural fibre like cotton, linen or sisal/jute. There is a high risk of damage to these fabrics.
To remove the paint or ink from your carpet and upholstery, do the following:
- Add methylated spirits to a clean section of the cotton towel.
- Dab the end of the ink stain with the part of the towel with methylated spirits on it a few times. Do not rub or put excessive pressure on the fabric.
- Grab the second cotton towel, wet a section with water and dab the same spot to dilute and neutralise the methylated spirits.
- Repeat steps, until ink is completely out. As long as you are getting colour transfer, keep going.
- Use a dry section of the towel to absorb as much remaining moisture as possible. If possible, use fan to directly dry the affected spot.
Ink Stain Removal From Carpet – Video
The following video will demonstrate how to remove an ink stain on your own and how much more efficient our service is .
What we have shown here is the best case scenario of removing paint and ink from carpet and upholstery. We recommend starting on a small spot to start out and see if you are getting success. If you are not getting results from the outset, you should stop and contact your local carpet cleaner. If you are in our service area, call us on (02) 8957 3907 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Your Local Carpet Cleaner For a More Efficient Result
The best way to get rid of an ink stain is to call us on (02) 8957 3907 and we will send a carpet cleaning technician to safely and efficiently remove the ink from your carpet or upholstery.
We are a reputable company which has been operating for over 10 years and in that time have accumulated over 300 reviews. We are completely insured and all our staff are trained and certified.
Some of the services that we offer include:
- carpet cleaning
- upholstery cleaning
- leather cleaning
- tile cleaning
- flood restoration
- stain removal
We also specialise in removal of the following stains:
- rust stain
- red wine stain
- urine stain
- oil stain
- soda stain
- coffee and tea stain
All of these services are performed by an experienced and trained technician, who understands mitigating risk of damage, while attempting to get the best possible outcome.
Here is an extreme example of successful ink stain removal on a destroyed sofa.